Golf course policies
Tee time policies
The City of Calgary Golf Courses are committed to providing a safe, respectful environment for all staff and customers. No physical or verbal abuse will be tolerated.
Golf course marshal authority
Golf Course Marshals have the authority to control speed of play and enforce all facility policies and procedures. In consideration of other players, marshals are authorized to control speed of play by requesting that players maintain the daily pace (i.e. skip a hole). The City reserves to right to create complete foursomes for the purpose of speed of play.
Valid ID for reduced rates
- Seniors (65 years+) must show valid identification to show proof of age in order to receive reduced rates. Without ID golfers will be charged full rates.
- Juniors (17 years and under) may also be impacted by this policy.
Only alcohol purchased at the golf course is permitted on the golf course. Any outside alcohol will be confiscated.
Minimum age requirement
Children under the age of 4 years are not permitted on The City Golf Courses.
Please note: Players under four years of age are not permitted on our facilities without an assessment being completed by a City of Calgary approved golf professional. Assessments are conducted at McCall Lake Golf Course by appointment only. To book your child’s assessment, please contact that Golf Course directly. Assessments will provide approval for players under four to golf on City of Calgary Par 3 facilities only (Lakeview and McCall Lake Par 3).
Golf attire is strongly encouraged.
Footwear – golf shoes are recommended. Running shoes and soft soled shoes are also acceptable. Football, baseball & soccer cleats are not allowed
Maximum number of players per tee time is four players.
All golfers must have their own set of clubs and a bag to play at The City of Calgary Golf Courses.
- Golfers wishing to rent a power cart must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
- Maximum 2 riders per cart.
- Individuals are responsible for any damages to power carts.
Did YOU know?
Mobility devices such as wheelchairs are allowed. Please remember to make wider turns when on the course.
The Shaganappi Xpress golf cart
- A single rider adaptive golf cart is available for individuals who uses a wheelchair or are have a physical disability, allowing golfers to play from seated or standing supported position.
- Specially designed to navigate a variety of terrains including greens.
- Individuals wishing to rent the Shaganappi Xpress Cart must attend a ½ hour orientation session.
- Advance booking required and is available up to 4 days in advance by calling the clubhouse directly.
- Available only at Shaganappi Point Golf Course - please call the clubhouse at 403-300-1007 for additional information.
Accessible Golf Power Cart
- Allows golfers with limited mobility the opportunity to drive close to the tee box and putting surface areas.
- Please ask Clubhouse staff for a blue ribbon that is to be tied to the power cart to signify to marshals that approval has been given.
- Available at Shaganappi Point and Valley 9, McCall Lake 18 and Par 3, Maple Ridge, Lakeview, and Confederation Park Golf Courses.
- Applicable power cart rental rates apply.
Please call the clubhouse for more information 403-300-1007 (press 9).