Roads Operations Centre for emergency situations
In emergency situations, The City’s Mobility Operations Centre activates its command center called the Roads Operation Center (ROC).
When emergencies happen, the ROC stays in constant contact with the City of Calgary’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) run by the Calgary Emergency Management Agency (CEMA).
We help them in many ways including:
- Planning and executing a response to the emergency as needed.
- Quickly reaching out to our staff and coordinating our Road/Traffic resources.
- Coordinating the use of outside resources as necessary (contractors, suppliers, vendors, other municipalities, etc.)
- Providing them with regular Situation Reports (Sit Reps) if the emergency happens in view of our traffic cameras and/or if we have staff reporting to us from the emergency area.
- Using our communication channels to help get the word out to Calgarians if asked/needed.