The Home Program
2023 Home Program Application
We will be accepting applications for the 2023 Home Program, March 28 – May 2, 2023.
The Home Program provides funding to non-profit organizations to deliver projects that increase housing stability and successful tenancies for affordable housing residents or people in housing need. Our priority areas are:
- Education and skill building - Increase knowledge and skills to successfully maintain and remain in a home.
- Financial empowerment - Strengthen financial inclusion, knowledge, behaviours and opportunities.
- Community inclusion and integration - Increase participation, engagement and involvement with the local community, services and supports.
- NEW Support for Indigenous People - Initiatives that seek to remove barriers and understand the root causes of housing instability for Indigenous People.
- NEW Support for Black and Racialized People and equity-seeking communities – Initiatives to remove barriers and address root causes of housing instability for Black people, Racialized people and equity-seeking communities.
There are three types of Home Program grants. Grants are for organizations that serve affordable housing residents or Calgarians in housing need, including non-profit housing providers and service organizations.
Community Grant – grants for new projects up to $25,000. These are grants for projects that stimulate innovative, lasting, positive changes that will increase housing stability and successful tenancies.
Partnership Initiative Grant - grants from $25,001 - $200,000 for new projects. These larger grants aim to leverage collaboration and partnership to reduce barriers to non-market housing.
Sustainability Initiative Grant – grants for projects that have received a Home Program grant in a past year and require more support for projects that have the potential to be scaled-up, replicated, or achieve a sustainability without any grant in the future. Past projects funded through a Community or Partnership Initiative grant are eligible. There is an option to choose this Grant on both the Community Grant and the Partnership Initiative application forms.