Confirmation of Water Treatment Public Tour
Thank you for registering for the upcoming River to Tap public tour at Glenmore Water Treatment Plant. We look forward to sharing stories of the pumps, pipes and people that ensure the availability of high quality drinking water 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Please ensure you read through the following information thoroughly, as it outlines important information regarding your tour.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and consideration.
Important Safety Information
- All adult participants will be required to fill out an Applicant Information Form, sign a Waiver of Liability and provide valid photo ID upon arrival for the tour.
- Legal guardians of underage participants will be required to complete an Informed Consent Form upon arrival for the tour.
- Minimum age is 10 years old and children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Unaccompanied minors will not be permitted access.
- The Glenmore Water Treatment Facility is not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
- Tours involve walking outdoors on uneven terrain and throughout an industrial facility. For safety reasons, you are required to wear comfortable flat, closed toe walking shoes such as runners or hiking boots (ballet flats or other shoes with exposed skin will not be allowed). Long pants are also required. Shorts, capris and skirts are not appropriate. Participation in the tour will be denied if these requirements are not met.
- All purses, backpacks and other bags are not permitted on the tour route.
- No cameras or pictures are permitted.
- This is a fully operational plant and as such the tour may need to be cancelled due to emergency or other unforeseeable circumstance.
Plant entrance: 56th Ave SW is the one road into the plant that leads to a security gate. This road is accessible off of 19th St SW.
Cancellations: If are unable to attend this workshop, please give us at least 72 hours (3 days) notice so that we can open your spot to someone else.