This four square game is fun for the whole family!
- Your sidewalk or driveway
- A ball that bounces
- At least four people
- With the chalk, draw a large square at least two metres wide
- Divide the big square into four equally sized small squares
- Number each square one to four
How to play
- Each player stands in one of the four squares
- To start the game, the player in square one serves the ball by bouncing it once in their square and then hitting it toward one of the other squares
- The receiving player, then hits the ball to any other player in one of the other squares
- When a player is out, the other players move up to take their place. The out player moves to the last square
- Agree on your family rules. Some ideas are:
- Everyone must hit underhand
- The ball can only bounce once in a square
- Hitting inside lines are "Out"
- Hitting outside the lines is "Out"
- If the ball bounces in your square you must hit it
- You are out if:
- The ball bounces two times in your square or you hit it before it bounces
- You hit the ball out of bounds
- You hit the ball to an inside line
- You hit the ball overhand