COVID-19 - Economic Resilience Task Force
We recognize the impact COVID-19 has had on the global economy. As part of The City of Calgary’s efforts to help limit the spread of COVID-19, we have created the Economic Resilience Task Force (ERTF).
The ERTF will provide recommendations for City actions as well as support measures for other orders of government, our local business community and Calgary's community-at-large.
These recommendations will focus on economic relief measures to support Calgarians and local business during and after COVID-19.
The recommendations will also focus on measures for a coordinated short-term response, medium-term recovery and long-term resilience-building activities.
Priority areas and governance structure
The City of Calgary’s COVID-19 governance structure, supports five priority areas (aiding vulnerable citizens and non-profits that support them; aid to business; aid to municipalities; atimulative infrastructure; and long-term economic resilience and a new deal for cities).
To address these priorities The City has set up the Economic Resilience Task Force as well as four additional task forces including:
- Emergency Response and Event Management Task Force
- Employee Support and Service Delivery Task Force
- Business Sector Support Task Force
- Community Support Task Force
Who we are
Task Force respresentatives
(including civic partners)
- Naheed Nenshi, Mayor (ex-officio)
- David Duckworth (City Manager)
- Carla Male (Chief Financial Officer and Task Force Chair)
- Mary Moran (CEO, Calgary Economic Development)
(selected using an expression of interest process and a skills matrix see Appendix B Terms of Reference)
- Jeremy Barretto (Cassels Brock and Blackwell LLP)
- Bev Dahlby (School of Public Policy, University of Calgary)
- Loren Falkenberg (Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary)
- Linda Johnson (Former MLA, Calgary-Glenmore)
- Adam Legge (Business Council of Alberta)
- Michael Lickers (Suncor Energy)
- Greg Oberti (Partner at PwC)
- Alice Riemer (Creative Destruction Labs–Rockies, University of Calgary)
- Justin Riemer (Federal Ministry of Western Economic Diversification)
- Usman Tahir Jutt (Chirp Foods Inc.)
- Councillor Joe Magliocca (Ward 2)
- Councillor Sean Chu (Ward 4)
- Councillor George Chahal (Ward 5)
- Councillor Jeff Davison (Ward 6)
- Erin Chrusch (Senior Strategist, Office of the Mayor)
The ERTF will also receive support from a project management team identified by the Chair.