COVID-19 - Physical distancing
Updated: February 19, 2021
When to do it
All the time, indoors and outdoors.
What to do
- Stay at home when or where possible.
- Keep at least 2 metres (the length of a bicycle) from others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough and sneeze, or do so into your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water aren’t available.
- Shop at less busy times or better yet, order online for delivery.
- Minimize errands.
- Avoid contact with others where possible.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Don’t invite visitors into your home and don’t visit theirs.
- Don’t use public amenities like playgrounds and avoid crowded places and gatherings.
Maintain at least two metres between yourself and anyone else.