City Facebook group for businesses
As part of The City’s efforts to support business, we have formed a Facebook group open to the public and for businesses. This group lets The City and partners share accurate information quickly and create community connection and support for businesses.
To join, you are agreeing to follow the group rules.
How to join and invite others
- Visit the City of Calgary business sector support Facebook group
- Click “Join group.” If you are an admin on a business page, you can join it as the business or organization you represent, or you can join it as yourself.
- Please note: if you are joining it as yourself, you are opening yourself up to personal risk by exposing your identity. We would recommend ensuring your personal content on Facebook is set to private. See Facebook - Profile & Timeline Privacy.
- Answer the 2 questions about your business (see image on the right)
- We will approve your request
- Once approved, you can invite others to join the group using the “Invite members” tab in the right column.
How to post
As you would with a regular Facebook post, you can create posts on our page.
- Go to the City of Calgary business sector support Facebook group
- Make sure you are signed in as the person or organization you are representing
- Click the “Write something…” box
- Write your message, or upload photos or vidoeos
- Click "Select a topic to describe this post" to ad a topic. Topics include resources, updates, questions and community.
- Review your post, then click “POST”
All posts are reviewed by the City before being posted.