COVID-19: Safety Requirements for your Business
Managing COVID-19 in the workplace
The Government of Alberta's workplace guidance for business owners offers guidance on reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to workers and customers.
The Calgary Chamber of Commerce has created a toolkit for re-opening and operating safely with COVID-19.
Canadian Federation of Independent Business has advice on COVID-19 health and safety for small businesses including prevention, sick employees and employee rights.
Evaluating the risk to your business - Risk-informed decision-making guidelines for workplaces and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic - Canada.ca.
Restrictions on businesses
Protecting your business from crime
The Calgary Police Service are doing more patrols around businesses to make sure they're not targeted by criminals. Police are sharing 10 crime prevention tips for businesses:
- Make sure locks, alarms and video surveillance are working
- Leave lights on, inside and out
- Keep expensive items away from the windows, so people can't see them from outside
- Back up all your business documentation
- Empty your cash register and leave it open, and visible from the window
- Track your inventory and update your insurance coverage
- Post emergency contact information inside the store
- When checking your business, visit during the day
- Tell your business neighbours your plan
- Report suspicious activity by calling the non-emergency line 403-266-1234