COVID-19 - Support for community partners
Page updated: June 9, 2020
The City of Calgary has programs, services and linked resources to help community partners through the pandemic spread of COVID-19 / Coronavirus.
Stage one: Calgary and Brooks
- Retail businesses, (clothing, furniture and bookstores etc), all vendors at farmers markets will be able to operate.
- Museums and art galleries, daycares and out-of-school care, with limits on occupancy, courses can be delivered.
- Personal services like hairstsyling and barber shops.
- Cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars permitted to reopen for table service only at 50 per cent capacity.
- Additional flexibility for places of worship and funeral services.
- Day camps and summer school, with limits on occupancy.
- Flexibility on how in-person post-secondary courses delivered.
Water, waste and recycling charges
The City’s bill deferral for water, waste and recycling charges ended on June 18, 2020.
Community partners who are challenged to pay the deferred amount can contact ENMAX, The City’s contracted customer care and billing provider, at 310-2010 to ask for their request to be sent to The City of Calgary.
Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations (CCVO)
CCVO (Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations) has a page for non-profit organizations with information and resources about the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Calgary Foundation has established a program for non-profit and community organizations to support them during the COVID-19 pandemic.