Older Adult Advisory Table
The Older Adult Advisory Table (OAAT) provides first-hand experience and insight on living as an older adult, caregiver or someone looking to the future in Calgary. This expertise is used to inform and support strategic and action planning by the Steering Committee, action teams and the Age-Friendly Calgary staff.
OAAT is composed of around 14 members as determined through a selection process. This process is structured to ensure that a range of voices, backgrounds and experiences have been included in the table.
Your role as a volunteer:
- Inform and support strategic and action planning of the Seniors Age-Friendly Strategy in an advisory capacity
- Provide the perspective of older adults to help make Calgary more age-friendly
- Connect with your own social groups to share their ideas and differing perspectives with OAAT
- Share information about Age-Friendly Calgary (AFC) with people you know and support the vision of AFC
- Aged 45 or over
- Reside in Calgary
- Passionate about your community
- Understand older adults’ needs now or in the future/ have experience as a caregiver
- Feel comfortable to share and to provide feedback
- Commit to participate in monthly meetings and a flexible term of up to three years