Clearwater Park is presently managed as a reservation-only site until a park master plan is re-visited and implemented to enable more citizens to access the site without risking damage to its unique natural assets. Prime summer months have intensive site use most weekdays and nearly all weekends. Shoulder seasons have less intensive use, mostly on weekends. We encourage groups with low-impact land stewardship ethics to utilize this site. Clearwater is a user-maintained site.
- Location: Clearwater Drive, north of Hwy. 8, Rural ID location code - 241050
- Area: 64 hectares
- Period of operation: The Park is now closed for the season.
- On site teepees are the only form of overnight accommodation permitted
- 30 person site capacity
- Secluded, fenced space on banks of Elbow River, approximately 40 acres available for group activities
- 4 - 6.3 m diameter tipis complete with wood floors and each tipi sleeps 7 children or 6 adults
- 1 - 6 X 6 m festival tent with 6 picnic tables
- 2 - pump-out toilets, one of these is wheelchair accessible
- In-ground and portable fire rings, firewood provided
Clearwater Park is now closed for the season. Please check back in 2021 for updates.
About the park
The City of Calgary recognizes the value and need to provide accessible facilities for community organizations to conduct outdoor activity programs such as:
- Overnight 'backyard' camping close to home
- Team-building activities
- Nature study and appreciation
- Orienteering and outdoor games
Clearwater Park is a secluded, fenced park site operated by The City of Calgary and managed by Parks. It is available for day or overnight bookings for schools and not-for-profit organizations.