Recreation phased reopening
Unfortunately, we are unable to reopen everything at this time. There are many factors we consider when making the strategic decisions to keep some things closed. This includes:
- Safety: Our number one priority is the health and safety of our customers and staff. We continue to align our practices with current provincial guidelines and restrictions. Preventing outbreaks allows us to remain open for everyone.
- Customer demand: We are balancing the amenities we have available with the amount of customer appointments and user/sport group booking requests.
- Financial feasibility: Limiting capacity and offerings has reduced the revenue we have to run our facilities and programs. Managing what is open helps us keep our rates and fees affordable, and helps us maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Community need: Other recreation and fitness providers are also providing limited offerings across the city. We have reviewed the location of these offerings.
- Facility state of readiness: Some of our facilities need planned repairs and maintenance before they can reopen.
These factors are evolving. We continue to evaluate reopening additional facilities, programs and services. Updates will be posted as information becomes available.
Facility and program schedules
Now available for booking.
Our Arts Centres are offering limited programs and some studio bookings are now being accepted.
Athletic parks and amenities
Running tracks, play fields and the majority of sports fields are open.
Holiday day camps will be offered for the December holiday break.
Single-session pool and fitness activities are available at our open pool and fitness centres. Appointments are required.
Register for a series of instructor-led pool and fitness programs.
Free activities and programs
Free Programs are available in various locations across Calgary. Some require pre-registration while others are drop-in.
The Glenmore Reservoir is now closed for the 2020 season.
All of our golf courses, driving ranges and putting greens are closed for the season. Registration is required for lessons.
Indoor Pools, Fitness, and Leisure Centres
Six indoor pools and fitness centres are currently open. Bookings, Drop-in appointments or registration are required for access.
Our tennis courts are closed for the season.