Recreation phased reopening
Unfortunately, we are unable to reopen everything at this time. There are many factors we consider when making the strategic decisions to keep some things closed. This includes:
- Safety: Our number one priority is the health and safety of our customers and staff. We continue to align our practices with current provincial guidelines and restrictions. Preventing outbreaks allows us to remain open for everyone.
- Customer demand: We are balancing the amenities we have available with the amount of customer appointments and user/sport group booking requests.
- Financial feasibility: Limiting capacity and offerings has reduced the revenue we have to run our facilities and programs. Managing what is open helps us keep our rates and fees affordable, and helps us maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Community need: Other recreation and fitness providers are also providing limited offerings across the city. We have reviewed the location of these offerings.
- Facility state of readiness: Some of our facilities need planned repairs and maintenance before they can reopen.
These factors are evolving. We continue to evaluate reopening additional facilities, programs and services. Updates will be posted as information becomes available.
Facility and program schedules
Available for limited capacity bookings.
Our Arts Centres are offering limited programs and some studio bookings are now being accepted.
Athletic parks and amenities
Closed for the season.
Single-session pool and weights & cardio activities are available at our open pool and fitness centres. Appointments are required.
Registered programs are currently unavailable.
Free activities and programs
Free Programs are available in various locations across Calgary. Some require pre-registration while others are drop-in.
Indoor Pools, Fitness, and Leisure Centres
Six facilities are currently open. Bookings or Drop-in appointments are required for access. Fitness classes and spectators are currently not allowed.
Our tennis courts are closed for the season.