COVID-19 health and safety - Wildflower
Stay home and away from others
- If you’re showing symptoms or feeling unwell
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive or are waiting for test results for COVID-19
Masks and face coverings
In our Arts Centres, you must wear a mask at all times.
You do not have to wear a mask if you meet any of the exemption criteria. Learn more about the Temporary Face Coverings Bylaw.
How we're keeping you safe
- Making sure our facilities align with provincial guidelines for Stage 2 reopening
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas (e.g. doors, counters, railings)
- Providing access to hand sanitizer and hand wash stations
- Having staff maintain physical distancing and wear face coverings when possible
- Limiting class capacity and providing an online registration system to manage the number of people in the facility at a time
How you can keep safe
- Maintain physical distancing and wear masks when possible.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before, during and after your activity
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face
- Cover coughs and sneezes in a tissue or your elbow
- Carry and use your own hand sanitizer
- Avoid sharing equipment unless you are in the same household or cohort. Do not share water bottles.
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your booking time
- Don’t gather or loiter in the lobby, parking areas or public areas before, during or after your activity
- Leave the location as soon as your activities end to reduce overlap of bookings
Arts Centre specific measures
- Studios not in use are restricted and off limits to the public
- Avoid moving around your arts studio and stay close to your assigned table/space
- Remain in your studio during the entire program unless using the washroom
- Bring your own water bottle as there will be no access to a water fountain
- Bring and clean your own arts supplies and tools.
- First time participants: supplies and tools may be available for purchase, please check your registration/appointment confirmation for details.
- Avoid sharing supplies and equipment unless you are in the same household or cohort.
- Avoid touching artworks that belong to others or supplies and artist materials that have not been assigned to you.
- Technique demonstrations by instructors will be held in small groups to ensure social distancing
- Users are required to clean their workspace before and after use
- Only one person can clean up at the sink area at a time
- At the end of the appointment timeslot, you must leave the building regardless of your entry time
- If you are being picked up please have your ride wait in the parking lot, no waiting in the hallways
Ceramics / Visual Arts Studio specific measures
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to use Arts Centres studios
- Studio capacity is determined specific to each facility based on space and equipment available
- Avoid sharing equipment unless you are in the same household or cohort (this includes sharing tools, towels, art supplies and plastic)
- Equipment availability may be limited due to physical distancing requirements
- Some amenities/equipment have been re-located outside of spaces to allow for necessary physical distancing; look for signage when you arrive
- Individual hand tools have been removed from the ceramics studio. There are no shared hand tools available for use.
- Participants are required to thoroughly wash and clean the tools and equipment they use during their appointment. Arts Centres’ staff will further sanitize tools and equipment used.
- Gloves will be worn during glaze appointments