Terms & conditions - Rec pass & Rec pass plus
By purchasing a Calgary Recreation Pass or Calgary Recreation Pass plus (a “pass” or the passes”), I acknowledge and agree that I have read the Terms and Conditions included below and agree to be bound by them.
Recreation Pass Plus:
Includes access to Southland AND Village Square Leisure Centres. Activities include access to the Water Park, Hot Tubs, Steam Room, Weight Room, Drop-in Dryland and Water Fitness Classes, Open Gymnasium, Rock Climbing and Racquetball/Squash Courts (available at Southland Leisure Centre only), all Aquatic & Fitness Centres and Arenas for Public Skate and Shinny Hockey.
Includes access to all Aquatic & Fitness Centres. Activities include access to Public Swim, Lane Swim, Hot Tubs, Steam Room, Weight Room, Drop-in Dryland and Water Fitness Classes and Arenas for Public Skate and Shinny Hockey. Access to the Leisure Centres is available with a top-up fee per admission when your Recreation Pass is presented. The top-up fee is the difference between the Aquatic & Fitness admission and the Leisure Centre admission.
- Use of Calgary Recreation facilities is subject to availability. Facility areas may be unavailable due to maintenance shutdowns (planned and emergency), private rentals, special events, bookings, programs, area maximums, or changes in facility schedules. These changes may occur with little or no notice. No refunds, credits or extensions will be given as result of these situations.
- Pass prices do not include access to registered programs, babysitting, private leased areas, etc.
- Customers must abide by Aquatic Facility Guidelines, Youth Weight Room Guidelines, and Arena Rules & Regulations.
**Each Leisure Centre has a planned maintenance period every year which extends for varying periods of time depending on work to be done. Reduced schedules and activities may occur in some areas while others are closed completely. Aquatic & Fitness Centre facilities may be closed for maintenance from year to year to update critical infrastructure. Customers can use their passes at another facility while sites are closed. These shutdowns are built into the price of the pass and no refund or extensions will be given. Check with staff on upcoming shutdown details to minimize the impact on your enjoyment of the facility.
- Passes may not be transferred to another person.
- Customers’ guest(s) must pay the appropriate admissions and/or court fees.
- Lost or stolen passes should be reported to the facility. Pass replacement fee is $10.00.
- A photo of the participant is required to be included on the pass for validation purposes.
- Passes can be digitally displayed on customer’s electronic devices.
- If no pass is shown, the full admission fee will be charged for entry into the facility.
- The City of Calgary reserves the right to revoke any passes and/or privileges associated with the pass in the event of non-compliance with Calgary Recreation facility rules and regulations, inappropriate/abusive behavior, or missed payments (if applicable). An email notification will be sent to confirm this change.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to notify Calgary Recreation staff of any changes to their personal data.
Continuous Recreation Pass / Pass Plus
- Continuous passes are effective from date of purchase; they cannot be effective to start on a future date.
- By purchasing a continuous monthly pass, you authorize The City of Calgary to debit the credit card you have designated for the monthly payment plan payable to The City of Calgary on the first day of each month or, if that date falls on a weekend or holiday, on the next business day.
- e.g. for passes purchased January 1st – 31st, the initial payment is prorated for the remaining days in January. The first scheduled monthly payment will be the first business day in February. Future payments will be on the first business day of each month thereafter.
- Continuous monthly passes automatically continue from month to month (year to year) until customer submits an in-person cancellation request. Please see cancellation information below.
- A minimum $25.00 fee will be charged for all “Not Sufficient Funds” (NSF), declined payment charges, or any other reason for a non-payment. If NSF and declined payment are not cleared before the first of the next month, the pass will be cancelled.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to notify Calgary Recreation of any changes to credit card account information. This information must be received no later than the 15th of the month prior to the next scheduled payment to facilitate the necessary changes. Changes to pass payment information (i.e. credit card) will be effective the first day of the next month in which notice was received.
- Cancellation requests must be in-person and are effective the day of request (no future cancellations). There is no refund of the initial payment if pass is cancelled within the same month of purchase. Passes cancelled after the initial month will receive a prorated refund for the remaining days in that month and future scheduled payments will stop.
- Upon reaching a new age category, customers will receive a notification and will automatically be moved into that category and the monthly fees will be adjusted accordingly.
- Customers will be notified when fees change. Notifications will be by email and via information posted on our website (calgary.ca/recreation) or with posters at our sites in the month prior to such fee changes.
Term Recreation Pass / Pass Plus
- 1-month and 12-month passes must be paid in full at time of purchase.
- Duration of a term pass must start as of day of purchase; they cannot be effective to start on a future date.
- Cancellations of term passes (1-month and 12-month) will receive a prorated refund based on number of days/months remaining.
It is a condition of participation in any recreational activity by The City of Calgary that the participant does so at his/her sole risk and The City of Calgary, its agents and employees are not liable in the case of loss, damage, injury or ambulance/health care services resulting from or in connection with such participation.