Arts & Culture Microgrant Program
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2022 Arts and Culture microgrant.
Awarding between $500 to $50,000 to applicants for experiences that take place from June 7 through December 31, 2022. Opportunities for funding include community-run projects, new opportunities for local artists, activations in winter months and local events hosted by not-for-profits.
We are working to help Calgary’s festival and event community restart and recover after the past two years. With our Festivals and Events Microgrants program, we’ve worked to support our normally active and vibrant festival and event industry so that citizens and visitors can once again enjoy Calgary’s community spirit by safely experiencing arts, culture, sport, and recreation events.
The Eventful City Environmental Microgrant will help reduce financial barriers associated with implementing responsible environmental management of festivals and events within Calgary.
Applications for this grant will be accepted from August 15, 2022 until September 30, 2022. The application process may close earlier if all the funding has been awarded prior to September 30.
- The Eventful City Environmental Microgrant is for registered not-for-profits, charitable organizations and business improvement areas.
- Microgrants must be spent according to approved eligible costs.
- Events must take place between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022
- The maximum grant amount available for a single event is $4,500.
- Approved applications will be required to complete a post event report including proof of payment for eligible expenses prior to grant funding being delivered.
- Applications will be reviewed and approved in the order they are received until the fund is fully allocated.
The Eventful City Environmental Microgrant funding can be used to cover invoiced expenses incurred by festivals and events specific to Waste Management:
- Contracted service providers
- Purchased Waste Managementmaterials and equipment (Bags/Bins/Signage/Gloves)
- Rentals of Waste Management equipment (Roll-Off Bins, Blue Black and Green Bins)
- Payment of Waste Management transportation and levy fees
- Waste Management specific staff
How to Apply:
Festivals and Events Subsidy Program
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2022 Festivals and Events Subsidy Program (FESP).
Eligibility for subsidy is determined by our City Events Team with final funding amounts determined by the Event Advisory Committee and Corporate Event Steering Committee.
Subscribe to our newsletter
We will keep you up to date on our services, City policy, process and permit changes, event subsidies, important deadlines, and professional development sessions.