Event Opportunity Form
The first step The City of Calgary’s process for managing and approving Festivals and Events is filling out an submitting an Event Opportunity Form. A complete Event Opportunity Form is required for all festivals or events that meet one of the following definitions:
- An organized gathering of people for primary purpose of supporting a community, cultural, recreational or sport experience (within a limited period of time and available to the general public);
- A parade of people, and or animals, and or vehicles which will travel in unison for the purpose of celebration;
- A sport competition or recreational or cultural activity that is sanctioned by a recognized authority, such as City Council and/or its designated authority;
- Any activity that would have a significant impact on public property, facilities and/or public safety;
- Any activity that would involve the support and/or services of two or more Business Units of The City of Calgary.
To host an event, the host organization must be a registered legal entity in good standing; as a not-for-profit, charitable organization, business improvement area, or commercial organization. The entity must ensure that all financial obligations to The City of Calgary have been met.
The City may refuse to accept an application for an event where the organization or any applicant, principal, director, or officer of that organization has an unpaid debt to The City relating to a previous Event. Upon completion, please review the Festival and Event Manual for further information. After a review of your Event Opportunity Form, you will be sent a Festival and Event Application to complete.