COVID-19 City golf course protocols
The following protocols are in place to ensure the safety of customers and employees. They are aligned with golf industry best practices and the recommended procedures outlined by the National Allied Golf Associations - Alberta.
Golfers who refuse to comply must leave the property.
If you have a concern while at the golf course, report it to an employee on-site or call 311.
Stay home and away from others
- If you’re showing symptoms or feeling unwell
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive or are waiting for test results for COVID-19
Masks and face coverings
When you're at any City Golf Courses, masks must be worn when you are inside the clubhouse.
You do not have to wear masks on the golf course or driving range, or if you meet any of the exemptions. Learn more about the Temporary Face Coverings Bylaw.
How we're keeping you safe
- Making sure our facilities align with provincial guidelines (e.g. Plexiglass barriers are in place at point of sale locations)
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, touch points, pin pads, doors, carts, washrooms, driving range balls and buckets
- Ball washing stands, benches and bunker rakes have been removed or marked closed.
- Monitoring and controlling clubhouse capacity
- Limiting the number of golfers through pre-booked tee times. Tee times are longer to allow more space between groups. Walk on play is not available. Book a tee time online (recommended) OR call the clubhouse directly during operating hours. Find a location.
- Limiting the number of driving range stalls available (varies by location). Be prepared to wait your turn if the range is busy.
- Monitoring and enforcing physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) in all areas
How you can keep safe
- Follow all signs and instructions while at the golf course.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times
- Please check in no less than 15 minutes before your reserved tee time.
- Use debit or credit card with “tap” payment.
- Download the Golf App, print a scorecard at home or ask for pencils and scorecards at check in. Self-service to pencils and scorecards is not available.
- Bring and clean your own equipment. Club rentals are not available.
- Avoid sharing equipment unless you are in the same household or cohort. Do not share water bottles and towels.
- Do not shake hands or high five with others in your group.
- Do not touch the flagstick - “the pin stays in”. Cups have been raised. Once the ball hits the raised cup it is deemed to have been holed.
- When next to residential properties, respect the homeowners and keep your distance. Never cross a property line to retrieve a ball.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after your activity
- Carry and use your own hand sanitizer when you can’t wash your hands with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face
- Cover coughs and sneezes in a tissue or your elbow
- Don’t gather or loiter in parking areas or public areas before or after your activity. Leave the location as soon as your activities end to reduce overlap of bookings
Golf Course specific measures
- To play a round of golf, you must have a pre-booked tee time. Walk on play is not available. Book a tee time online (recommended) OR call the clubhouse directly during operating hours. Find a location. Available tee times are limited and in high demand. If you don’t see any available times, the golf course may be fully booked. Reservation tips:
- Try to be flexible with where and when you play. Tee times may be available at another City of Calgary golf course.
- Tee times for one or two players become available more often than for a foursome.
- Make a same day reservation. On the day you want to play, you can access tee times online up to three hours prior to tee off. For availability less than three hours out, call the clubhouse.
- If you have a tee time and your plans change, cancel or reduce the number of players in your group so others can play.
- Restrooms are not available on the golf course. Clubhouse restrooms are available in the clubhouses but are limited to one person at a time.
- All league play, tournaments and group bookings are suspended.
- Personal travel mugs will not be accepted or handled. Bottled water is available for purchase.
- Driving range tokens are not available and will not be sold from the clubhouse. Proceed directly to the driving range to purchase range buckets. Only regular sized buckets can be purchased.
- Power cart rentals are not available at Lakeview (only pull cart rentals are available). Power cart rentals are available at all other City of Calgary golf facilities should golfers require a cart to play (e.g. McCall Lake Par 3, Shaganappi Valley 9, etc.)
- In the event of lightning, frost delays and inclement weather, proceed to your vehicle and wait for instructions over the clubhouse speaker system.