Book a gymnasium
|Step 1||Step 2||Fees|
|Step 1: Before booking a gymnasium||Step 2: Book a gymnasium||Fees: Rental rates|
Gymnasium COVID-19 update
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, all rentals of school gymnasiums are unavailable until August 31, 2021. This is subject to change and could be extended as required.
Schools Gymnasiums are available to rent outside of regular school hours to registered non profit organizations and not for profit groups. School gymnasiums are classified depending on the caretaking status at the school. Pricing will vary depending on the caretaking status at a school. Please view our Rental Rates Page for pricing.
How do I know the caretaking status at a school?
- Schools indicated with 1C after the school names are considered Single Caretaking Facilities. These schools require a minimum of 2 hour bookings.
- Schools indicated with FA after the school names are considered Facility Assisted Facilities.
- Schools not indicating anything after the school name are considered Full Caretaking Facilities.
Step 1. Browse Gymnasium Availability
- Check calgary.ca/liveandplay for gymnasium availability.
- Consider two or three potential dates and gym locations. You will need to identify your choices by the name of the school, date and time.
- Elementary gyms can be booked Monday - Friday from 6:30 - 10:30 p.m.
Junior High gyms can be booked Monday - Friday from 7:00 - 10:30 p.m.
High School gyms can be booked Monday - Friday from 7:30 - 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday & Sundays can be booked from 8:00 am - Midnight.
Step 2. Review Policies and Regulations
Review the information on the gymnasium policies page.
Step 3. Check Booking Timelines
Booking applications can only be processed and confirmed for the current booking session. View the School Booking Timelines.