Picnic Site Booking Information
- Picnic sites are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For booking times see the Picnic Site Booking FAQ.
- Please view the Picnic Site Amenities for details on each site's amenities, capacities, fees, power outlets, washroom accessibility and more.
- Dogs are allowed in the park if they are on a leash, or in off-leash areas.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited in the park and in any public area.
- Bowness Park cannot be booked on long weekends due to the high volume of citizens using the Park.
Picnic Site and Special Events Application Information
- Picnic Site vs. Special Event
- Picnics: Gatherings using the existing picnic site amenities (picnic tables, fire pit, barbeque, pavilion/shelter or power) or back-yard propane BBQs.
- Special events: Events that have an impact on neighbouring communities and require equipment brought to the park (tents, inflatables, large BBQs, vehicle access, etc).
- Weekend or weekday bookings - must be made 5 days before the booking.
- Picnic sites cannot be reserved without payment.
Picnic Site Payment Information
- Full payment is due immediately upon booking.
- Once full payment has been made you will be issued a permit and a receipt. Your permit is your confirmation of your picnic site booking. Bring the issued permit with you to the site in case of conflict. A facility rental permit holder will always have priority over a non-permit holder, for the specific date, time and location booked.
- Payment options - You can pay for your booking by phone or in person. Click here for payment instructions.
- Book and Pay online
Your permit is your official invoice.
Picnic Site Cancellation Policies
- Please review our standard cancellation & amendment policies that apply to all bookings.
- You can cancel or change your booking using the amendment app or by contacting Facility Bookings
- Additional Cancellation & Amendment Notes:
- Cancellations or amendments must be received by Facility Bookings a minimum of 7 business days in advance of the rental date.
- Inclement weather refunds will be given in the event of significant precipitation (heavy rain, hail, sleet and snow). It is the permit holder’s responsibility to contact the Bookings office to arrange a refund. Refunds will be granted on a case-by-case basis depending on historical data supplied by Environment Canada. Refunds will not be granted in the event of cold weather or strong winds.