2021 Third Party Advertiser Registration
To register a Third Party with Elections Calgary, please complete Form 27 and return it to the Elections & Census Office at 1103 55 Avenue NE, Calgary, AB. Faxed or scanned forms will not be accepted for initial registration.
Additional Documents to be Submitted
Groups and Corporations:
Please provide a copy of the resolution from the Third Party's governing body (e.g., board of directors) authorizing Third Party advertising expenses.
Please provide a list of the principal officers or principal members.
Please refer to Part 8, sections 162 to 189 of the Local Authorities Election Act for all definitions and requirements related to Third Parties.
Election Advertising"Election Advertising" is the transmission to the public by any means during an election advertising period (May 1 to October 18, 2021) of an advertising message that promotes or opposes the election of a candidate, including an advertising message that takes a position on an issue with which a candidate or a council is associated, and for the greater certainty does not include:
- an editorial, debate, speech, interview, column, letter, commentary or news,
- the distribution of a book, or the promotion of the sale of a book, for no less than its commercial value, if the book was planned to be made available to the public regardless of whether there was to be an election,
- a document or communication by a corporation or a group to its members, emloyees or shareholders,
- a transmission by an individual, corporation or group, on a non-commercial basis on the Internet, of the political views of that individual, corporation or group,
- the making of telephone calls to electors only to encourage them to vote,
- advertising by the local jurisdiction in any form, or
- the transmission to the public in a local jurisdiction that is not a local jurisdiction for which the advertising message was intended and in which there is no candidate and no vote on a question or bylaw to which the transmission relates.