Who can vote
You are eligible to vote in the General Election if on Election Day you:
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are a Canadian citizen.
- Are a resident on Election Day:
- of the city of Calgary, to vote for Mayor;
- of the ward, to vote for Councillor; and
- of the Calgary Board of Education jurisdiction ward, to vote for Public School Trustee; or
- of the Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 1 jurisdiction ward, to vote for Separate School Trustee.
- Provide one of the authorized pieces of identification. ID requirements for a municipal election are different than provincial and federal elections. Make sure you know what is accepted in order to vote.