Register to vote
All eligible voters should register with Elections Alberta to appear on the voter list for Calgary’s 2021 General Election.
As a registered voter, your name will appear on the voter list and you will move you through the voting station faster.
Please note that if your registration is out-of-date, or if you have recently moved or changed your name, you will need to re-register.
We recommend that you register by September 2021.
Register at Voterlink
Register at Voterlink or call Elections Alberta at 780-427-7191.
Who can vote?
You are eligible to vote in the General Election if on Election Day you:
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are a Canadian citizen.
- Have been a resident of Alberta for six months prior to the election.
- Are a resident on Election Day:
- of the city of Calgary, to vote for Mayor;
- of the ward, to vote for Councillor; and
- of the Calgary Board of Education jurisdiction ward, to vote for Public School Trustee; or
- of the Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 1 jurisdiction ward, to vote for Separate School Trustee.
- Provide one of the authorized pieces of identification. ID requirements for a municipal election are different than provincial and federal elections. Make sure you know what is accepted in order to vote.