Help support Calgary businesses: Use #SupportLocalYYC
During the COVID-19 pandemic, supporting local businesses is more important than ever, but doing that looks different than it has in the past. Under #SupportLocalYYC, The City of Calgary together with our partners are supporting the business community by creating connections, sharing resources and tools, and highlighting positive stories to inspire the community and spark further innovations that can benefit those in need.
How you can help?
Even in tough times, our local businesses are supporting each other and our community through acts of kindness. When you see this happening, post examples on social media and include the #SupportLocalYYC to encourage our community
Encourage businesses to update their Google My Business profiles to help customers better support them.
Every small act gives our business community hope. Here are the ways you can #SupportLocalYYC while physical distancing:
- Buy from local businesses online
- Purchase gift cards to use later
- Order delivery or takeout from local restaurants
- Leave positive reviews of businesses you love on social media
- Spread the word about how businesses are shifting their services online
Download these graphics to share on your social media
- Ensure you’re active on social media. New photos and updates help keep your followers informed and interested in your business. Share how you are pivoting your business model, changing your services and ask your followers to support you.
- Instagram has made available gift card, ordering and fundraising stickers to support businesses affected by COVID-19. Learn more at Instagram - How to Support Small Businesses During COVID‑19.
- Instagram stories are a fun, spontaneous way for your business to keep your customers informed and entertained. Learn how to create an Instagram Story.
- Facebook has new features that allow you to add special content to your Page, such as displaying your menu, listing your services or showcasing your products with a shop section.
- Retweet, re-post and share what satisfied customers say about your business on social media. Each customer post acts as a little testimonial that may encourage others to give your business a try.
- Respond to social media reviews online. This shows that you value your customers’ feedback, gives you an opportunity to highlight the positives and shows you care.