Virtual Town Hall Events
This week approximately 300 Calgarians took part in our online town hall events where we shared an overview of what will be recommended to Green Line Committee on June 1, 2020. During these presentations, citizens:
- learned about the updated Stage 1 alignment, including changes proposed in Segment 2 (Centre Street N, Bow River crossing, Downtown, Beltline);
- learned how the project team is responding to some of the most frequently shared feedback received during recent public engagement;
- heard directly from subject matter experts working on the Green Line LRT project; and
- asked questions and had most of them answered through a moderated Q&A.
You can find a link to the presentation as well as watch a video of the events here.
The content and format of each event was the same; however, the questions and answers were a little bit different based on what was asked by stakeholders.
Participate in the Green Line Committee meeting on June 1
The Green Line Committee meeting on June 1 will have a public feedback component. To limit the spread of COVID-19 and to avoid mass gatherings, people can participate in the meeting by providing their written submissions ahead of time or by telephone during the meeting.
How to provide a written public submission:
- Written public submissions are due at 12 p.m. on May 25. Use the online form to provide a written public submission.
How to participate in the committee meeting:
- Members of the public can sign up to speak at the meeting until June 1, just so long as the item they want to speak to hasn’t already passed.
- Public wishing to speak are invited to contact the City Clerk’s Office by email at PublicSubmissions@calgary.ca to register and to receive further information.
- City Clerks will send out instructions on how to speak during the meeting by phone to members of the public who register leading up to and on the day of meeting.
You can watch the committee meeting online at Calgary.ca
For the latest project news and opportunities to get involved, check back regularly at Calgary.ca/GreenLine. Follow the Green Line story on Twitter @yyctransport #GreenLineYYC or email email@example.com for further questions.
Meeting archived resources
- May 20 and 21, 2020 Virtual Town Hall Includes presentation boards and video of town hall.
Categories: Project update