Information

Masks or facial coverings are required in City-operated facilities, public transit and ride share.

Face covering requirements | Re-opening information

Traffic study of collision near-misses at Calgary intersections

The City of Calgary has been selected as one of five municipalities to be part of the Aviva MicroTraffic grant program which helps municipalities improve road safety outcomes at intersections.

In late 2020, MicroTraffic will deploy cameras and video analytics technology to measure the number of near-misses at 10 Calgary intersections. The City will then receive recommendations that we can use to improve the studied intersections and reduce collisions.

The intersections selected for analysis based on reoccurring high severity collisions are:

  • Rundlehorn Drive & 52 Street NE
  • Memorial Drive & 52 Street NE
  • 114 Avenue & 52 Street SE
  • 44 Avenue / Temple Drive & 52 Street NE
  • Braeside Drive / Oakfield Drive & 24 Street SW
  • 26 Avenue & 52 Street NE
  • 17 Avenue & 4 Street SW
  • 32 Avenue & Shaganappi Trail NW
  • 58 Avenue & Macleod trail SW
  • 12 Avenue & 8 Street SW

Under the program, Aviva Canada will cover 75 percent of the costs associated with MicroTraffic’s work, while The City will pay for the other 25 percent.  Aviva will also cover the total cost of any follow-up analysis to measure the impact of improvements.

For more information on the MicroTraffic grant program winning cities and intersections, visit Aviva’s Take Back our Roads website.

road-maintenance/spring-clean-up-street-cleaning,green-line/article-engine,green-line/article-engine.html,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null,undefined/null