Project vision: 17 Ave S.W. construction
We're investing in 17 Ave., for now and for the future. Rebuilding the 30 year old road and the upgrading the 100 year old utilities now will make sure the area can continue to grow for years to come.
The effort now will make sure the area can continue to grow for years to come.
Key areas of focus are:
- Rebuilding the road, including a new road design that's safer and more predictable, based on an In-Service Road Safety Review
- Improving crosswalks and intersections for those on foot, including curb extensions on side streets
- Upgrading water and sanitary utilities for current and future development
- Improving sidewalks- new sidewalks and repairs, burying utility lines, LED lighting, sitting areas and new trees
- Upgrading telecommunications, power and gas utilities
Paving the way for a better 17 Avenue S.
17 Ave SW - Vision
Compare what 17 Avenue S. looks like now with what we're building towards:
Plan view of 17 Avenue S., between Macleod Trail and 14 Street S.W.
What's happening on 17th Avenue SW
17th Ave Retail & Entertainment District
17th Ave Retail & Entertainment District - over 400 unique shops, restaurants, services and more to explore. Visit Calgary's liveliest district.
Victoria Park - Historic, urban and thriving
Victoria Park - Historic, urban and thriving. Victoria Park is a place to shop, dine and enjoy a night out.