Barlow Trail N.E. reconstruction
The City is planning to undertake life-cycle pavement restoration and reconstruction work on Barlow Trail N.E. from 4 Ave. to Sunridge Blvd. N.E., including rehabilitation of the 16 Ave. N.E. ramps.
As part of the project, a new multi-use pathway will be built on the east side of Barlow Trail along Meridian Rd., from Centre Ave. to 28 St. N.E. The addition of this missing pathway link will enhance safety and connectivity for all travel modes, in addition to improving pedestrian access to businesses along this busy corridor.
Additional life-cycle major bridge deck repairs on the 16 Ave. N.E. bridge are being planned by The City, to be completed in coordination with the Barlow Trail project in 2021.
These improvements will help to ensure the road continues to be safe, functional and in great condition for years to come.
The project will include:
- Pavement restoration and reconstruction on all northbound and southbound lanes on Barlow Tr., between 4 Ave. and Sunridge Blvd. N.E.
- Pavement restoration of the eight ramps connecting Barlow Trail and 16 Ave. N.E.
- Safety improvements including the extension of the center median from 7 Ave. to 16 Ave. N.E.
- Operational and safety improvements at the 4 Ave. and 7 Ave. N.E. intersections
- A new multi-use pathway along the east side of Barlow Tr. beside Meridian Rd., from Centre Ave. to 28 St. N.E.
- Spring - Summer 2020: Finalize engineering design
- Summer 2020: Hire contractor
- Fall – Winter 2020 through Summer 2021: Construction
- Fall 2021: Project completion
Please note: Construction activities are dependent on several factors. Timelines could change due to inclement weather, underground conditions and/or other unexpected circumstances. Schedule updates will be provided regularly.
Sign up for email updates to receive news and notices related to the project.