Symons Valley Parkway (128 Ave. N.W.) extension
Project update – July 10, 2020
Crews have completed all remaining work, including pathway & sidewalk connections, landscaping, grading and the permanent application of pavement markings.
The road and adjoining sidewalks & pathways are now fully open.
We thank you for your patience throughout construction.
The City began construction to extend Symons Valley Parkway (128 Avenue N.W.) between 37 Street N.W. and Symons Valley Road in spring 2019. This extension will provide an important missing link for residents in Northwest Calgary, making it easier to travel and reduce congestion in the area.
The project will include:
- Six lanes on Symons Valley Parkway (128 Avenue N.W.) between 37 Street N.W. and Symons Valley Road
- Changes and upgrades to the intersections at 37 Street N.W. and Symons Valley Road including new traffic signals and through and turning lanes,
- A new sidewalk on the south side of the new Symons Valley Parkway (128 Ave N.W.) and a multi-use pathway on the north side to improve mobility for all modes of transportation in the area.
This drawing shows an overall view of the area and the features that will be part of the construction work.
- Summer 2020: Complete additional pathway and sidewalk connections on south side of Symons Valley Parkway and 37 St. N.W.
- Fall 2019: Construction of surface roadwork, road open to traffic
- Summer 2019: Construction of road embankment, utility installations and retaining wall; Road subgrade preparation
- Spring 2019: Hire contractor; Contractor mobilization, preparing the site (tree clearing); Topsoil stripping and earthworks; Enmax temporary overhead power line relocation
Please note: all construction is weather-dependent. Timelines could change due to weather, underground conditions and/or other unexpected circumstances. Updates will be provided regularly, but dates may change.