City projects in southwest Calgary (14 Street S.W. and Glenmore Trail area)
There are a number of projects that were under construction in the southwest of Calgary. The City worked across departments to coordinate construction and minimize the impacts to residents and people travelling in the area.
Below, you'll find the current road and traffic report and then the links to more specific information about each project.
Lane closures and detours - July 6, 2020
Northbound 14 Street S.W.
- July 7 to 9, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: the right hand lane between Heritage Drive and 75 Avenue S.W. will be closed.
- July 8 to 11, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: the left hand lane north of Heritage Drive S.W. will be closed.
90 Avenue S.W.
- July 8 to 11, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: the eastbound right hand lane of 90 Avenue from Glenmore Landing to the intersection will be closed. Vehicle access to the right turn lane onto southbound 14 Street S.W. will be maintained.
- Southwest Bus Rapid Transit (SW BRT)
- Woodlands Woodbine Community Drainage Improvements (WWCDI) - COMPLETED
- ATCO Gas Urban Pipeline Replacement program - COMPLETED
- 37 Street S.W. Stormwater trunk
- South Glenmore Bike skills park
- Glenmore Reservoir Regional Pathway Upgrades - COMPLETED
- South Crosstown BRT - COMPLETED
Southwest Calgary Ring road projects:
- SW Ring Road - fall 2021
- Glenmore Trail Widening and Interchange Improvements - complete in 2020
- 90 Avenue S.W. and Southland Drive Connections - COMPLETED
- Anderson Road S.W. Widening - COMPLETED
- 162 Avenue S.W. Connection - COMPLETED
- Spruce Meadows Way Widening - COMPLETED
- SW Ring Road connection projects