How to recycle small kitchen appliances for heating
Appliances in good condition
Donate working appliances to local charities.
- Calgary Drop In Centre
- Habitat for Humanity Restore (NE location only)
- Women In Need Society
- Other donation options
Old and broken appliances
Take old and broken small kitchen appliances to any City landfill for free electronics recycling.
This is for countertop heating appliances that have a power cord or runs on a battery/charger. This includes:
- Coffeemakers (includes drip and pod marchines)
- Expresso and cappucino makers
- Toasters and toaster ovens
- Rice cookers
- Food steamers
- Bread makers
- Slow cookers and pressure cookers (Instant Pot)
- Deep fryers
- Chocolate fountains
- Egg cookers
- Hot plates, induction cookers, portable stoves
- Panini press and sandwich makers
- Popcorn makers
- If you bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- Do NOT put appliances in your blue cart as these items can damage the equipment at the recycling facility.
Landfill locations listed below: