How to dispose of Christmas decorations
Usable Christmas decorations
- Reuse Christmas decorations or give to family and friends.
- Donate usable Christmas ornaments to a participating charity. See the Alberta Recycling Hotline for options.
Broken and unusuable Christmas decorations
Put unusable Christmas ornaments and tinsel in your black cart as garbage.
- Package broken glass and sharp items safely by putting the pieces into a puncture-resistant, non-breakable container (e.g. plastic tub, plastic pail, laundry detergent container, etc.)
- Or wrap in two layers of paper and place in a tied bag.
- Labels as 'sharps' with a permanent marker and place in your black cart.