How to dispose of cookware and small household items
Useable household goods
Reuse useable household goods, give to family and friends or donate to participating charities such as:
Broken and unusable household goods
Put unusable cookware or housewares in your black cart as garbage. These items include the following:
- Dishes, plates, and serving platters
- Lamps and lampshades
- Window blinds
- Air mattresses
- Picture frames
- Garden hoses and snow shovels
- Sewing machines
- Wicker baskets
- Package glass items and knives safely by putting them into a puncture-resistant, non-breakable container (e.g. plastic tub, plastic pail, laundry detergent container, etc.)
- Or wrap in two layers of paper and place in a tied bag.
- Labels as 'sharps' with a permanent marker and place in your black cart.