How to dispose of peel-off lids and food seals
Put peel-off lids and food seals into your black cart as garbage.
These peel-off food covers are often used on items like:
- Single-serving pudding cup seal
- Plastic film cover on a microwave dinner
- Yogurt container seal
- Peanut butter container seal
- Fruit cup seal
- Applesauce cup seal
- Hummus and other dips container seal
- Baby food jar seal
- Resealable produce containers e.g. grape tomatoes,
Why can't this be recycled?
- Sometimes these food seals may be made of multiple materials like foil and plastic that cannot be separated for recycling.
- Other food seals may be a non-stretchy plastic film that also cannot be recycled.