How to dispose of suitcases, floor lamps and other large household items
Useable household goods
Reuse useable household goods, give to family and friends or donate to participating charities such as:
Broken and unusable household goods
Put broken or unusable housewares in your black cart as garbage. This includes:
- Suitcases and luggage
- Dog kennels and cat trees
- Floor lamps
- Patio umbrella
- Large picture frames
- Storage bins and trunks (Rubbermaid bins)
- Ironing board
- Paintings and sculptures
- Whiteboards and bulletin boards
- Break down items so they fit inside your black cart.
- Pieces must be less than 1.25 m (four feet) in length.
- Do not overpack or jam items as they will not empty out of the bin on collection day.
- Make sure the cart lid can close.
If the items are too large for the black cart, take them to a City landfill Throw n Go for disposal (charges apply).
Landfill locations listed below: