How to safely dispose of aerosol cans and spray paint
Safely dispose aerosol cans and C02 cartridges for free at a household hazardous waste drop-off location:
- Designated fire hall
- City landfill Throw 'n' Go area
- If you bring with other garbage, landfill charges will apply.
Common household products in aerosol containers include:
- Spray paint
- WD-40 oil
- Cooking oil spray
- Shaving cream
- Bug repellant
- Whipped cream spray (including nitrous oxide cartridges and chargers)
- Compressed air duster
- Aerosol/CO2 containers do not have to be empty for disposal.
- Do not puncture or crush aerosol/CO2 containers.
If you are a business with aerosol containers to dispose of, please see our Business Waste resources.
Locations and hours are listed below: