How to dispose of single-serving food packets
Put individual-sized serving food packets into your black cart as garbage.
Examples of this include:
- Hot chocolate powder packets
- Oatmeal packets
- Coffee, cappuccino and latte powder packets
- Tea bag packet
- Ener-C and vitamin powder packets
- Iced tea powder packets
- Crystal Light and powdered beverage mix packets
- Nutritional powder packets
Why can't this be recycled or composted?
These individual serving packets are often a multi-material made of a mix of paper, foil and/or plastic that cannot be easily separated for recycling. These plastic-lined or foil-lined packets are also not suitable for composting.