Internship Program and criteria:
- engineering and computer science students who meet university requirements of completing 3rd year academic studies and meet required GPA.
- university decides who qualifies to enter the program.
- work term experience occurs between the third and fourth years of study.
- work term experience must be a minimum of 12 consecutive months but may be with different organizations at a minimum of 4-months each. Preference is for the work term experience to be with one organization.
- students must complete a Work Term Report at the end of each 4-month term.
- union approval required for work terms longer than 4 months.
Co-operative (Co-op) Program and criteria:
- eligible students must meet university requirements of minimum completion of 2nd year studies and required GPA.
- Co-op Program integrates university study with degree-related work experience.
- commerce Co-op students require a minimum of three (3) 4-month work terms.
- all other Co-op Programs require completion of four (4) 4-month work terms – can be with other organizations.
- a Work Term Report is part of the academic requirement and is completed at the end of each 4-month work term.
Business Internship Program
Are you looking to develop your skills and apply what you have learned in a fast-paced, flexible work environment with competitive compensation, superb benefits and many opportunities for advancement?
Do you have excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities, and can you work independently or as part of a team using your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills?
If so, and if you have a drive to succeed and learn, an internship with The City of Calgary's Business Internship Program may be perfect for you.
At the City of Calgary, we're always looking for innovative, creative individuals to join our 13,000-strong team, and the Business Internship Program is a great way to discover whether you'd be a good fit with us during a four-month or longer term created with the possibility for permanent retention and advancement squarely in mind.