RoadNet is a single line graphical representation of the City of Calgary's roadways consisting of planned, unbuilt and built driveable surfaces such as:
- All public and most private major roadways and interchanges
- Roads (paved, grave, private and other)
- Planned (tentative) roads within Calgary city limits
RoadNet's segment feature attributes include graphical representation of Municipality, Street Name, Plan Number, Built Status, Road Class, Ownership, Address Ranges, Bridge and Exit information, etc.
Major RoadNet is a subset of the full RoadNet product containing information relating to major roads within Calgary, including secondary connectors .
Major Road Network product (showing only major roads in the City of Calgary) is available in our Open Data Catalogue as a free download.
- Available in a cartographic and tabular format maintained by The City of Calgary on a daily basis, this data can be used to create customer accurate up-to-date road maps and map books.
- Base reference for many industries.
- Oil and gas as well as pipeline companies incorporate the RoadNet database into their GIS for emergency response mapping.
- Accurate – Updated nightly; shows tentative approved roads for planning purposes.
- Efficient – Licensing process completed in minutes rather than days; immediate download available.
- Versatile - Can be further customized to meet your needs by adding extra attribute features such as community and city limit boundaries, parks and rivers.
- Immediate download available from CITYonline.