How to Apply for a Transportation Network Driver’s Licence
To legally drive for a Transportation Network Company in Calgary, you must be affiliated with a company.
All Transportation Network Driver’s must obtain a licence(TNDL). To apply for your licence, visit us at our Livery Transport Services office during the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
In order to become a licensed Transportation Network Company driver, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must provide proof of registration with a City-licensed Transportation Network Company;
You must go to the Livery Transport Services office and complete the request for a Calgary Police Service criminal background check, with a vulnerable sector check, and pay $41* (form available at the Livery Transport Services office);
- You must provide a valid Alberta driver’s licence Class 1, 2 or 4, in good standing with no more than 9 demerit points;
- You must provide proof of status to legally work in Canada.
Proof of status includes: Canadian birth certificate, Canadian citizenship card, permanent resident's card or current work permit;
- You must provide a valid vehicle registration, including a letter of authorization if applicant is not the registered owner of the vehicle;
- You must provide valid vehicle insurance confirming proper commercial insurance;
You must provide proof of a Government of Alberta Motor Vehicle Record of Inspection, or an Enhanced Livery Vehicle Inspection Standards dated within 30 days of application.
Once all the required information has been verified, depending on the payment fee option selected by the Transportation Network Company, you may need to pay a $220 licensing fee to Livery Transport Services.
All successful applicants will receive a letter confirming they are licensed as a Transportation Network Company driver.