The Alberta Fire Code requires buildings or parts of buildings undergoing construction or demolition to have a fire safety plan.
Minimum safety measures at construction or demolition sites include:
- Accessibility for emergency crews.
- All hydrants must be operable and kept free from obstructions.
- Standpipe connections must be identified and accessible.
- Site must be kept clear of combustible debris.
- Site must be secured.
- Contractors must provide fire extinguishers at accessible locations.
For more information, please call the Fire Prevention Bureau at 311 or 403-268-2489 if calling from outside Calgary.