Tree debris in parks and on pathways
Numerous City tree have been significantly impacted by the recent snowfall. Falling trees and tree branches are posing a considerable hazard to public safety in park and on pathways. Parks with large mature trees are considered hazardous and not recommended for public use. Parks that have been inspected and deemed safe to enter are listed on the tree debris hazard - parks and pathways affected page.
Each park has their own unique features. Visit the individual park pages to check them out.
To ensure the longevity and sustainability of our parks and to ensure the safety of our users and the wildlife, we ask that you follow the rules and regulations each and every time you visit our parks or use the pathways.
All Calgary parks are open from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. except:
Parks and Pathway Regulations are in place to ensure the safety of all users and keep our parks healthy and sustainable. Please follow them on each visit.
Within the park, please
- Keep animals leashed (unless otherwise posted at designated off-leash areas).
- Clean up after your pet (min. $250 fine).
- Respect plants, trees and wildlife (min. $500 fine for illegal tree removal or pruning).
- Stay on designated trails.
On pathways, please
- Respect the 20-km speed limit.
- Wear approved safety gear.
- Signal audibly when passing.
- Keep to the right and yield right-of-way.
- Avoid the use of ski poles while in-line skating or skiing.
- Do not use electric bikes or scooters, it is prohibited.
To report inappropriate activities (i.e. vandalism) or safety concerns, contact Animal & Bylaw Services.