The sanctuary's trails are currently closed, and will remain closed throughout 2014, due to flood damage. However, the Nature Centre is open, including for school groups, Tuesdays to Fridays 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Saturdays from noon - 3:30 p.m. While trails are closed, guided tours continue to provide a great learning experience for children and visitors.
Don't miss out on a free guided tour of the flood affected areas starting May 10 or International Migratory Bird Day on May 11.
On April 2, 2014, Parks announced the addition of a new outdoor learning classroom to the park. The classroom will allow Parks to expand its programs that teach children about nature and the environment. More info...
Bookings Events Nature Programs School Programs Day Camps
||2425 9 Ave. S.E.|
|Nature Centre hours:
||October - April: |
Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.,
Saturday, noon - 3:30,
Closed Sunday & Monday
May - September:
Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.,
Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed statutory holidays
About the park
The sanctuary was tremendously impacted from the 2013 flood and because of that, will remain closed throughout 2014. However, the Nature Centre is open. For detailed information on how the flood impact to the sanctuary, visit Inglewood Bird Sanctuary 2013
On your next visit to the Nature Centre, stop in to:
- find out what birds have been seen recently
- discover where some of our common birds migrate to
- learn about local birding hot spots
- check out our informative field guides and colourful pocket guides for sale (prices subject to change).
- The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America, $29.95
- Birds of Alberta, $26.95
- Pocket Naturalist Guide - Alberta Birds, $7.50
- Pocket Naturalist Guide - Calgary Birds, $7.50
Contact us for more info, or call 311