The sanctuary's trails are currently closed, and will remain closed throughout 2014, due to flood damage. However, the Nature Centre, as well as the area around the Colonel Walker House, is open Tuesdays to Fridays 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Sundays from noon - 3:30 p.m.
Come visit the Nature Centre during these times to learn more about the flood and to participate in tours of the flood-affected areas. Free, one-hour guided walks of the flood damage start Saturday, May 10 until Sunday, September 14. Space is limited, so please sign up online to pre-register for these walks.
May, June, September:
- Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Saturdays at 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
- Sundays at 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays at 2 p.m. & 7 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays at 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
For detailed information on how the flood impacted the sanctuary, visit Inglewood Bird Sanctuary Flood 2013.
Bookings Events Nature Programs School Programs Day Camps
||2425 9 Ave. S.E.|
|Nature Centre hours:
||October - April: |
Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.,
Saturday, noon - 3:30,
Closed Sunday & Monday
May - September:
Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.,
Open statutory holidays
About the park
The santuary was tremendously impacted from the 2013 flood and because of that, will remain closed throughout 2014. However, the Nature Centre and area around the Colonel Walker House are open. For detailed information on how the flood impact tot he santuary, visit Inglewood Bird Sanctuary 2013
On your next visit to the Nature Centre, stop in to:
- find out what birds have been seen recently
- discover where some of our common birds migrate to
- learn about local birding hot spots
- check out our informative field guides and colourful pocket guides for sale (prices subject to change).
- The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America, $29.95
- Birds of Alberta, $26.95
- Pocket Naturalist Guide - Alberta Birds, $7.50
- Pocket Naturalist Guide - Calgary Birds, $7.50
Contact us for more info, or call 311