All posted closure dates are weather dependent and subject to change.
Last Updated: 2015 March 30
Downtown pathway closures
- South Bow River (east of 14 St. S.W.) - April 1 to May 3 - portion of pathway will be closed for installation of riverbank erosion controls. Detour to North Bow River pathway.
Northeast pathway closures
- Laycock Park - August 10, 2014 to July 2015 - pathways closed for sewer upgrade through the park and underground utilities installation.
Northwest pathway closures
Southeast pathway closures
- Elbow River (below Scotsman's Hill) - until July 2015 - pathway along the river is closed for park construction.
- Carburn Park to Glenmore Trail - until further notice - pathway is closed due to river bank erosion. Detour through community and obey all signage.
- Douglasdale/McKenzie Escarpment - until further notice - the pathway is closed between Mount Alberta View S.E. north to the baseball diamonds, along the ridge adjacent to the Bow River, due to unsafe pathway conditions. Options are being explored for a possible temporary alignment which would allow access to this highly valued route along the escarpment. Details are being worked out and updates will be provided as more information becomes available.
- Old Refinery Park / Beaverdam Flats - flood damage closure.
- Southland Dr. to Anderson Rd. - flood damage closure.
Southwest pathway closures
The pathway closures listed are currently closed due to construction or hazardous conditions. Pathways not listed above are considered open.
For pathway closures related to the 2013 June flood and their restoration timeline, please visit the Restoring flood damaged pathways page.
Report a pathway concern