These clean and well kept facilities host minor and adult ice sport leagues. Father David Bauer and Norma Bush Arenas are available for bookings from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week during prime hockey season (October through March). Requests outside of these hours will be considered. Adjacent to the arenas are Foothills Aquatic Centre Foothills Athletic Park and Foothills Track.
Father David Bauer ice rink
2424 University Drive N.W. - Map
3-1-1 or 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary
Public Skating and Shinny Hockey schedules
- One 185' x 85' artificial ice surface
- One Olympic ice surface – 200' x 100'
- Home of the:
- U of C Dino's
- AAA Midget Northstars
- Calgary Junior A Mustangs
- Western Hockey League
- 1750 / 60 person spectator seating capacity
- One meeting room seating 20 people
- One concession open game nights
- Hot and cold vending machines
For your safety and enjoyment helmets (CSA approved) are strongly recommended for all participants during ice activity and in particular for children and youth.
Looking for more places to skate? Recreation runs 12 Arenas in Calgary.