This clean and well kept facility operated by The City of Calgary hosts minor and adult ice sport leagues including hockey and ringette. Frank McCool Arena is available for bookings from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week during prime hockey season (October through March). Requests outside of these hours will be considered. Adjacent to the arena is Frank McCool Athletic Park.
1900 Lake Bonavista Drive S.E. - Map
3-1-1 or 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary
Public Skating and Shinny Hockey schedules
- One 185' x 85' artificial ice surface
- 250 person spectator seating capacity
- One meeting room seating 25 people
- One concession open during prime time operating hours
- Automated skate sharpening machine
- Hot and cold vending machines
For your safety and enjoyment helmets (CSA approved) are strongly recommended for all participants during ice activity and in particular for children and youth.
Looking for more places to skate? Recreation runs 12 Arenas in Calgary.