Book a Tee Time Online
Subscribe to our Golf E-Newsletter
Learn to golf or improve your game with golf lessons! View our learning progression outline and lesson program content first and then search and register for golf lessons in our Golf Courses Recreation Program Guide.
The City of Calgary Recreation provides golf lessons for adults, women, juniors and seniors at McCall Lake, Confederation Park and Shaganappi Point golf courses. Our lessons are taught by professional instructors from the National Golf Academy, which also offers their own private, group and semi-private lessons. Visit the National Golf Academy's website for more information on their lessons.
Who is the National Golf Academy?
The NGA is the lesson provider for The City of Calgary Golf Courses and also owns and operates year round out of the National Golf Academy Dome . The Dome is open year round for golf and is also used for baseball, soccer, football, lacrosse and more.
Check out Terry Carter's Putting Posture Set Up video lesson.
NGA's teaching staff includes some of the country's finest instructors:
- Terry Carter - 2009/2004 PGA of Alberta Teacher of the Year, top 50 instructor in Canada, (nominated for top 100 instructors in North America for Golf Magazine)
- Grant Cook - 2008 PGA of Alberta Teacher of the Year
- Clayton Robb - 2007 Lifetime achievement award, PGA of Alberta (golf instruction), 1996 PGA of Alberta Teacher of the Year
- Darryl James - 2015 PGA of Alberta Club Pro Champion, 2014 2nd place PGA of Alberta Club Pro Champion & 2007/2008 PGA of Alberta Player of the Year.
- Dan Cameron - 2014 Winner PGA Alberta Club Pro Champion. 4 time PGA of Alberta Player of the Year, PGA of Alberta Junior Teacher of the Year, 25 year service award recipient Canadian PGA. ...
- as well as other great male and female pro's alike.
For more information on instructors and lessons, please visit National Golf Academy or call 403-605-GOLF (4653)