LEAD is the City of Calgary's youth leadership program for students in grades 7 - 12. Participants will meet friends, learn new skills and discover how they can make a difference.
Earning a LEAD Certificate is fun and gives students credibility, recognition and opportunities at school, work and in the community. Developing and practicing leadership skills opens doors to success in the future!
- Completion of nine modules on various aspects of leadership
- Completion of 20 hours of practicum experience to put those learned leadership skills into practice. Practicum placements will be arranged by the LEAD program coordinator.
Benefits to participating in LEAD:
- Youth will acquire lifelong leadership skills and get the opportunity to practice them
- Youth demonstrate an increase in self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth
- Youth become more involved in the community
- Youth are exposed to and involved in new opportunities and activities
- Youth are connecting with others and developing meaningful relationships
Offer the LEAD program to your youth group!
Are you interested in providing this free certificate program to your youth group? The LEAD curriculum was designed to adapt to the needs of any group. If you would like more information, please contact us at LEAD@calgary.ca.
2014 Winter/Spring Programs - FREE
Bishop Kid - 1420 28 St. S.E.
Now-May 29 Tu,Th 3 -5 p.m. call 311 to register
Tom Baines School - 250 Edgepark Blvd. N.W.
Now-May 29 Th 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. call 311 to register
Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Association – 1320 5 Ave N.W.
Mar 20-May 29 Th 7 - 9 p.m. call 311 to register
2014 Summer Programs – FREE
Call 403-268-3800 to register.
Village Square Leisure Centre – 2623 56 St. N.E.
Apr 26-Jun 21 Sa 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. 336156
Southland Leisure Centre – 2000 Southland Dr. S.W.
Jul 28-Aug 8 M-F 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. 333874
Jul 28-Aug 8 M-F noon - 3 p.m. 333875