LEAD is the City of Calgary's youth leadership program for students in grades 7 - 12. Participants will meet friends, learn new skills and discover how they can make a difference.
Earning a LEAD Certificate is fun and gives students credibility, recognition and opportunities at school, work and in the community. Developing and practicing leadership skills opens doors to success in the future!
- Completion of nine modules on various aspects of leadership
- Completion of 20 hours of practicum experience to put those learned leadership skills into practice. Practicum placements will be arranged by the LEAD program coordinator.
Benefits to participating in LEAD:
- Youth will acquire lifelong leadership skills and get the opportunity to practice them
- Youth demonstrate an increase in self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth
- Youth become more involved in the community
- Youth are exposed to and involved in new opportunities and activities
- Youth are connecting with others and developing meaningful relationships
Nature LEAD Reader Rock Garden, 325 25 Ave. S.E.
July 7 until July 10, from 9 a.m. -2:30 p.m.
*Note* Participants will be bussed to Inglewood Bird Sanctuary on July 8th, and Ralph Klein Park on July 9th.
Register using barcode 355056, register online or call 403-268-3800
Nature LEAD at Reader Rock Garden, 325 25 Ave. S.E.
August 11 until August 14, from 9 a.m. -2:30 p.m.
*Note* Participants will be bussed to Inglewood Bird Sanctuary on August 12th, and Ralph Klein Park on August 13th.
Register using barcode 355057 , register online or call 403-268-3800
Nature LEAD at Inglewood Bird Sanctuary, 2425 9 Ave. S.E.
September 10 until November 5, Thursdays, from 5 - 7 p.m.
Register using barcode 355053
, register online
or call 403-268-3800