The City of Calgary has picnic sites available to rent for picnics and special events at these 9 parks:
Things to know before booking:
- Picnic Site Amenities - what is available at each site
- Picnic Site FAQ - common questions about booking picnic sites
- Special event vs. Picnic
- Picnics: Gatherings using existing picnic site amenities (picnic tables, fire pit, barbeque, pavillion/shelter or power) or back-yard propane BBQs.
- Special events: Events that have an impact on neighbouring communities and require equipment brought to the park (tents, inflatables, large BBQs, vehicle access, etc).
Step 1. Browse Picnic Site Availability
Step 2. Review Policies and Regulations
Review the information on the picnic sites policies page.
Picnic sites are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
Step 3. Check Booking Timelines and Rental Rates
Timelines for booking sites - 2016
- January 4, 2016 - Picnic site public day.
- May 21, 2016 - Picnic sites open for the season.
- October 11, 2016 - Picnic sites closed for the season.
- Picnic site bookings for the weekend must be made no later than 12 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the weekend.
- Weekday bookings must be made at least 3 full business days in between the date of request and the date of booking (i.e. if you wish to book on a Friday, the booking request must be made by Monday).
- Picnic sites can be rented from the May long weekend until the Thanksgiving weekend in October.
Picnic site rental rates are based on the number of people attending.
2016 rental rates
|1 - 25
|26 - 50
|51 - 100
|101 - 150
||$350.94 - *minimum price for sites 1 - 5 at Bowness Park during high season, beginning after the May long weekend until through to the October long weekend.|
|151 - 200
|201 - 250
|251 - 300
|301 - 400
|401 - 500
|* Fees include a $10.50 administration fee and a $4.75 risk management fee. |
Step 4. Submit and Application