Contact Building Services, Planning and Development
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Where to apply
City of Calgary Planning Services Centre,
3rd Floor Municipal building
800 Macleod Trail S.E.
How to apply
Book an eAppointment to meet with a Planning Services Technician to apply for a Development Permit, Building Permit, Business Licence, Trade Permit or Certificate of Compliance or for general planning information. We accept walk-ins. Please cancel an appointment with 24 hours notice.
Planning & Development
PO Box 2100, Station M (#8117)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2M5
Technical Assistance Centre
For inquiries about building, plumbing, electrical or heating, ventilation and air conditioning code or construction methods, building safety and fire regulations, please contact the Technical Assistance Centre.
Planning and Development counter improvements
The plan to renovate our Planning & Development front counter has been put on hold due to a partial area closure in the Municipal Complex. Stay tuned to this page for more details.
The new Planning Services Centre will enhance your permit and business licensing experience with advances in technology, accessibility and service efficiency.
The new front counter will feature:
- Fully accessible counters
- A mobile app that allows you to add yourself to the queue from home or on the go
- Alerts that you will receive when your number has been called
- Lower wait times for customers due to queue management system and increased size of greeting area
- A large, comfortable waiting area for customers offering work tables and ample seating
- Stations for the digital viewing of plans
- Improved lighting and acoustics
We ask that you bear with us through construction. We will remain open through construction, but we will try our best to complete as much as possible on evenings and weekends. There may be noise through the lobby and atrium.
Calgary Planning Commission
Development Permit Circulation
403-828-2954 option #4
For everything else, please call 311 or fill out a 311 online service request.
Call before you dig
Alberta One Call